DOWSETTMAYHEW town planning consultants have extensive experience handling planning applications, including:
- Residential development in both town and rural settings incorporating single dwellings and large-scale schemes
- Commercial development schemes including, office, industrial, warehousing and retail
- Equestrian and rural diversification schemes
- Leisure development including golf infrastructure
- Community infrastructure.
Using our extensive planning consultancy knowledge and experience of town planning issues in Brighton, Sussex and the South East DOWSETTMAYHEW’s planning consultancy service includes:
- Feasibility appraisals on projects
- Guidance on planning strategy to deliver development consents
- Collaboration with leading architects and respected consultants to prepare robust planning applications that give your project the best chance of success.
- Liaising with Planning Authorities and statutory bodies to secure consent in a timely fashion.
Examples of recent planning success
Recently DOWSETTMAYHEW town planning consultants have secured consent for:
- redevelopment of redundant horticultural land for 107 residential units
- construction of new Global Headquarters for a leading aviation company comprising large contemporary offices and warehousing facilities in Sussex countryside
- refurbishment, extensions and new outbuildings for a Grade II listed house
- redevelopment of former car dealership within an historic village centre
- new dwelling in the grounds of a listed building within the heart of a sensitive Conservation Area of a Surrey village
- construction of a Waste Transfer Station complex within Kent Green Belt
- refurbishment and conversion works to Grade I and Grade II* Listed Buildings within Sussex
- replacement dwelling on prominent coastal setting on the Isle of Wight
- residential redevelopment of a redundant rural retail site to create 11 bespoke dwellings close to the South Downs National Park
- mixed use redevelopment of a city centre site for commercial and residential use.
Successful Planning Appeals
DOWSETTMAYHEW planning consultants have an enviable track record of successful planning appeals.
Planning Appeals are made to the Secretary of State when planning applications are refused or fail to be determined by the local Planning Authority. DOWSETTMAYEW can advise on the right approach in pursuing a planning appeal, and its likelihood of success. This includes Written Representations; Hearing; or Public Inquiry.
As part of the appeal system, costs can be claimed from the Local Planning Authority if they are shown to have behaved unreasonably.
Recent examples of successful planning appeals undertaken by DOWSETTMAYHEW include:
- Residential redevelopment of a city centre mixed use site, including securing an award of costs;
- New dwellings on a redundant commercial site in the Sussex countryside;
- Conversion of redundant barn complex in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty AONB, including securing partial award of costs against the council